IN 1854 R. G. PARDEE WAS BURDENED TO TO START A MISSION TO THE CHILDREN OF THE CHELSEA MANOR SO IN 1855 THEY FOUNDED THE MANOR CHAPEL MISSION.
SOON AFTER, THE LORD BURDENED JEREMIAH LANPHIER TO BEGIN A PRAYER MEETING WHICH SOON TURNED INTO THE NEW YORK CITY REVIVAL OF 1857-58. THIS REVIVAL SPREAD THROUGHOUT THE COUNTRY AND THE WORLD, PARTICULARLY IN NORTHERN IRELAND.
IN 1866 THE MANOR CHURCH BECAME AN ARM OF THE SOUTH REFORMED CHURCH. IN THE 1880S THE MISSION REACHED ITS PEAK WITH 1,000 STUDENTS. HOWEVER, THE 1900S WERE DIFFICULT FOR THE CHURCH AS IT DECLINED IN MEMBERSHIP BUT in 2013, with the amazing grace of God, Manor church was infused with renewed vitality and the light of the Gospel continues to kindle to the honor and glory of his name.
WE ARE CURRENTLY preaching and SERVING BETWEEN THREE HUNDRED AND FIVE HUNDRED PEOPLE EACH WEEK, PROCLAIMING THE GOSPEL AND DOING GOOD TO THOSE THAT THE LORD BRINGS TO US.